Environment Maps:
sponsor image 1st Choice Windows
sponsor image Dinos Building
Advertise On Just Ask Dino

Enter Our Directory

sponsor image
If you would like to be a part of justaskdino.com please complete your details below

Damp Proofing - Dpm - Dealing With Mould

Article 415 [ added on 16-04-2010, updated on 03-06-2010 ]

Historically, houses were built with slate damp proof courses. Structural movement can fracture this slate and cause rising damp.

One solution is a chemical injected DPC (damp proof course). This is a process that cannot be carried out on a D.I.Y. bases. Professional firms should be contacted, a survey carried out and the appropriate injection system decided upon.

Planning Permission  

Under normal circumstances Planning Permission is not required to install an injection damp proof course.

If the dwelling is situated in a “designated area” i.e. Conservation Area, Listed Building, National Park or Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Planning and other permissions may be required.

Building Regulations

Building Regulations Approval is not required for the installation of an injection damp proof course.

Types Of Mould

Finding fungus on your walls which is white and furry with black spots can be cured by using a fungicide.

If the mould is spread out, light grey and smells like mushrooms or pancake shaped, it is more likely to be a form of dry rot.

There are many other types of moulds that we cannot see with the naked eye. We are able to identify the different types by using a microscope. You can send a sample to a qualified mould laboratory. Sending a sample is a safe way to find out if you are in danger from any toxigenic moulds.

Was This Information Helpful?

just Ask Dino Facebook Page
Just Ask Dino.com Twitter Page,